The EFLC (Equine Facilitated Learning and Coaching) Level One training program is based on the philosophies and theories shared in the book: Hope from the Heart of Horses: How Horses Teach Us About Presence, Strength, and Awareness, by coach Kathy Pike.
The EFLC Level One is designed coach individuals to step into horse wisdom so they may expand their possibilities and consciousness. The horses guide people to access their true authenticity and potential. As a participant you will experience a 2-day Dance of Authenticity through the Wisdom of the Horse workshop, have one flex day or day off, then continue with four full days of EFLC Level One training designed to begin developing the ability to coach a client in the presence of a horse. You will uncover new skills based on a body-centered awareness with an emphasis on coaching.
Through your own experiences with the horses during the program, you have the opportunity not only to refine your skills in working with others but also to deepen your ability to communicate and work with horses. Level One offers a stimulating environment to develop your unique voice and focus in the rapidly growing movement of employing horses as teachers, mentors, and guides for humans.
We attract clients from many walks of life from all over the world. Our programs are taught in Europe, Australia, and several locations in the United States. We strive to deliver an experience that offers structure while at the same time encouraging innovation and exploration on a personal and professional level.
The EFLC Level One training program is for individuals who wish to:
- Incorporate EFLC sessions into your already existing client base (coaches, teachers, riding instructors, etc.)
- Continue into the yearlong EFLC Certification program.
- Learn facilitation skills to support your business partners who are already certified in the field.
- Develop a strong foundation of EFLC processes and skills while exploring the field.
- Have a more integrated coaching approach in your teaching, horse instruction, or lessons.
Sign Up to receive updates and a free downloadable interview with Kathy
During the EFLC Level One training program, you learn:
- How to integrate Horse as a teacher, mirror, and spiritual mentor in your life or business.
- Coaching processes to enhance emotional intelligence through exploring somatic and sensory awareness.
- Key tools to Coach reflective/contemplative equine-based learning sessions.
- Four Steps to the Present resource tool.
- When and how to engage presence and intuition to elicit the golden nugget of a session.
- How to change the way you relate and create your life as you integrate the “way of the Horse.”
The EFLC Level One program includes the two day Dance of Authenticity through the Wisdom of the Horse workshop, followed by one flex day or day off and then the four-day EFLC Level One training program.
The horse guided workshop brings you to higher levels of authentic presence, intuition, and emotional intelligence through working directly with horses. This includes a one-on-one session with a horse for your personal growth. Workshop packet included.
The four-day EFLC Training segment teaches how to facilitate sessions employing a horse as a co-coach, teacher or mentor. Our program is based on a Coaching approach. In this approach, we help people identify where they are and where they want to move towards as they deepen their sense of authenticity, self, truth, and purpose. This is achieve through guiding people to come deeply into the wisdom of their body, open to deep grounding, and allowing their innate wisdom to come forward while being with the horses.
Participants start to integrate the power of living the Way of the Horse, they may experience shifts and expansion of their being and consciousness. As a result, many of our students are drawn to continue to the Equine Facilitated Learning and Coaching Certification Program after completing their Level One training.
If you already know that this is your path and you would like to enroll in the Equine Facilitated Learning and Coaching Certification Program, please email Kathy for information regarding program content, tuitions, and dates.
- April 3rd through 9th (with the 5th as a flex day or day off), Berthoud, Colorado
- May 16th through 22nd (with the 5th as a flex day or day off) Berthoud, Colorado
- June 9th through 15th (with the 5th as a flex day or day off- lead by Jackie Hibbard) Lyons, Colorado
Note: Additional $150 for any individual requesting CCE’s after attending the EFLC Level One
|“Kathy has provided me with tools of staying present in the moment or consciousness that has changed my life and will continue to change my life. It hasn’t only changed the way I ride and am around horses but in every other way in my life, whether it is with people or other animals. It is surprising how much less energy I use when I am present. I feel as though a piece to the puzzle of my wholeness has been filled. I will forever be grateful for the gift you have given me. Thank you.” – Michelle Q., Cohuna, Australia|
|“My Level One training went beyond my expectations. During my Round Pen experience, Izzy allowed me to close a chapter in my life that needed to be closed. Through Kathy’s facilitation and Izzy’s Master Coaching, I now feel complete. The training also allowed me to grow as a coach, and I now have the Mind Body Method to add to my Coaching Toolbox. Thanks for an absolutely amazing experience.” – Anouschka, Canada|
|“After attending the EFLC Level One, I returned to The Netherlands, where I had various equi sessions planned with individuals and a big group. The Mind Body Method coaching model worked superb; it enriched my toolkit. It fits very well with my experience of being a systemic equi coach, and it makes my work, and very important the work of my horses, much easier and lighter.” – Tirza, The Netherlands|