The 2020-2021 EFLC Certification program has been delayed. You may now enter this program in July or September 2020. Please reach out to Kathy to receive the complete packet of information for the course: Email Kathy at ACWH. In the subject line put: EFLC Cert Program Information. *Important- if you do not receive a reply to your email within 48 hours, check your spam box. If it is still not there call our office at (720) 263-7141. We will be happy to assist you.
The Equine Facilitated Learning and Coaching (EFLC) Certification Program is our most comprehensive and in-depth training program. We incorporate Horse as a teacher, guide, mentor, and healer for humans. Taught nationally and internationally for over 12 years and reaching over 12 countries, our program is the complete choice for anyone who wishes to integrate horses into their business. During the yearlong course, you learn . . .
How to bring expansive states of consciousness, growth, and learning
to humans through interacting with horses.
The white horse is symbolic of purification. The white horse energy brings one back to their authentic nature and aligns one to their highest potential. White horse seeks illumination and is referred to as the sage that is willing to surrender what is familiar, ego-based and brings short term gratification, in favor of choices that lead to liberation, service, and the honoring of what is sacred.
This program melds aspects of human consciousness, energy awareness, horse wisdom, and nature to create safe learning environments that support authentic expression and skills development in this new and rapidly emerging field.
While working with Kathy and her masterful herd of horses, you will gain:
- Intuitive and emotional intelligence, agility, and savvy providing you ease in coaching others.
- A clear sense of self, purpose, and connection to others and a sense of fulfilling your life purpose.
- Refined tools to shift self-sabotaging energy patterns into productive habits of success.
- Higher levels of empowerment and confidence in your facilitation and coaching.
- Increased heart-centered potency – the “true power” of any leader.
- Finesse in using intention, focus, and body energy to create connection, movement, and communication with Horse and others.
- Expanded consciousness through living the way of the Horse.
We attract individuals who feel a deep connection to animals and nature and wish to serve others, Mother Earth and her creatures. Our goal is to provide experiences that help others achieve a deeper appreciation of these gifts. Our certification students grow both personally and professionally through understanding the nature of horses. Students build confidence, presence, and trust while engaging with horses. This “in the bones” and very experiential style of learning provides an opportunity for individuals to shift their consciousness, expand their sense of spirituality, and transform their life and work.
Focus of Training
The yearlong EFLC Certification Program educates in four areas of competency:
- Equine Facilitated Learning and Coaching session design
- Facilitator and coaching skill development
- Natural and Intuitive methods for selecting, partnering with and caring for program horses
- The program, marketing, business development
One of the special features unique to Kathy Pike’s yearlong EFLC Certification Program is the Mind Body MethodTM Coach Training. It was originally developed by Kathy Pike and has been taught for over fifteen years. These original coaching models provide the structure and process for you to coach your clients to deeper levels of self-awareness while they are interacting with horses. The Mind Body MethodTM coaches clients to access the truth of their being and inner wisdom with ease and grace.
The Academy for Coaching with Horses yearlong certification program also includes the rare teaching that horses offer regarding the non-linear and circular flow of life and energy. The Horses’ Way offers humans a ‘how-to’ for living a more abundant authentic life while maintaining a deep connection to self and others. Certification students who wish a more mystical journey explore aspects of shamanism or the seven primary energy centers (chakras) of both Horse and human to experience spiritual lessons.
While working intimately with Horse, our certification students enter a journey of somatic exploration, energetic awareness, spiritual connection, and intellectual integration for a new and renewed sense of clarity, purpose, and direction.
Are You Ready to:
- Partner with Horse and become part of this rapidly expanding field?
- Listen to the call of Horse and step into an inspirational new career?
- Develop the confidence to be the leader of your own life while transforming the lives of others?
We encourage our certification students to meld our distinctive teachings and coaching processes with their existing philosophies and methods. The EFLC program has been taught in several countries and draws individuals from across the world. The different cultural views, terminologies, and methodologies represented in our human herd bring a diversity that stimulates creative exploration and acceptance in each individual. The common language is Horse. Through exploring the nature of Horse our certification students flourish with new teaching tools and coaching language to add to their already existing areas of value, focus, and expertise. The actual work you will experience with horses may at times feel indescribable and may even produce a sense of magic or a state of being you have not experienced before. These otherworldly, transcendent and highly transformational states of consciousness and experiences become grounded through our written materials, worksheets and coaching processes. We teach you how to coach your clients through the deep connections found with horses and nature. We give you the tools you need to immediately incorporate your exciting new skills and knowledge into your own business.
Are You Willing to:
- Expand your consciousness through living the Way of the Horse?
- Immerse yourself in a yearlong program with a “herd” of like-minded individuals creating a cohesive support system?
- Learn the coaching methods, horse skills, and processes needed to create successful programs with horses?
Our training is rich with unique learning as we draw both the well-seasoned coach and therapist, as well as the experienced equine facilitators and riding instructors. Kathy’s heart-centered teaching and ability to highlight and support the unique gifts and qualities of each certification student means that the well-seasoned professional gains just as much through the certification as those new to the field of equine learning and coaching. Many participants enter our program without a clear sense of how they will apply their learning after completion. Through the yearlong process of partnering with and experiencing the power of Horse, they gain clarity about their niche and what they will choose to offer by the end of their journey. After completing our EFLC Certification Program, you will venture forward as a Certified EFLC Approved Facilitator with a strong new sense of purpose and passion in life — fully prepared to provide powerful and successful EFLC sessions and programs.
How will my learning impact others?
You will personally benefit from Certification as an EFLC Facilitator by
- Dramatically increasing your intuition and emotional intelligence so you can deepen your relationships with others.
- Expanding your sense of self and your ability to be of service to others and horses.
- Transforming the sabotaging energy patterns that are keeping you small, allowing more of your unique message and branding to come forward in this work.
- Gaining confidence and self-worth, giving you unprecedented strength and power over your life.
You will professionally benefit from Certification as an EFLC Facilitator by:
- Obtaining the tools and knowledge to immediately add EFLC sessions to your existing coaching, therapy or riding services or a new business.
- Learning the key methods to successfully and smoothly coach and guide others through transformational EFLC sessions.
- Implementing clear boundaries with grace, enabling you to achieve your spiritual and financial goals.
- Practicing the proven methods for creating a safe, supportive, and nurturing container for your clients’ processes with a horse.
- Utilizing our ready-to-use worksheets, assessments, and checklists to provide a concrete and transformational experience for your clients.
- Creating deep relationships with both horses and humans based on trust, congruency, and clear communications.
- Learning how to work creatively and intuitively with Horse as co-facilitator.
We enable you to move forward with Horse making a significant difference in the lives of others by providing you with multiple manuals and ready-to-use forms, scripts, and outlines so you can put your new skills and knowledge to immediate use. We include:
- Coaching scripts to help you coach with confidence and clarity.
- Equine session outlines to give you a “Step by Step” structure for your sessions.
- Ready to use client session worksheets and workshop folders to give you a perfect foundation to launch your sessions and programs.
- A ready to use Client Intake Package –questionnaire, release forms, safety agreements, and the actual intake flow to create a safe container and structure for your clients.
- Top Key Coaching Questions to ask in any equine session that will empower your clients.
- Workshop outlines and Supply Check List (for all types of niches).
- Marketing examples and expert advice on creating service packages.
- Best practices for communicating with facility owners, filling your sessions, and marketing your business.
We are committed to providing the best training program to prepare you in your work with others. The certification program places a high emphasis on developing coaching and leadership skills. When partnering with Horse, you learn to trust the divine timing and the natural unfolding of learning sessions. Our processes teach you to access higher levels of consciousness and intuition with horses in addition to providing the tools that will allow you to have an immediate impact on your business.
This comprehensive and in-depth program includes:
- Two days of your self-discovery during the Dance of Authenticity Workshop
- 20 days of on-site EFLC Facilitator Training (split into 3 on-site sessions)
- Direct access to Kathy through live teleclasses
- Coaching and mentoring (between onsite meetings) with Kathy via phone conference
- Fieldwork and reading assignments to enhance your progress and give you confidence between on-site sessions
- Access to several supplemental recorded pieces of training
- Unlimited access to a variety of educational resources, energy tools and meditations
- JUST ADDED – LIVE Mind Body Method Coach Training – held live via zoom
- …and much more!
You learn how to coach others to:
- Step into the leader that lies within, giving them the personal power to take the reins in their life forever.
- Set solid boundaries so they may regain their personal space and sense of self.
- Transform scattered energy into clear intention based on inner wisdom
- Trust gut feelings and eliminate self-doubt and worry
- Create trusting relationships that bring their life and business to the next level
- Engage with horses to heal and expand consciousness while respecting “their way.”
- Heal their body, mind, and spirit so they can be free to live a full, rich, and courageous life.
- Release self-sabotaging behaviors and beliefs so they can create success.
- Create moments with horses that reveal, engage, and ignite what makes life meaningful.
- Ignite positive energy and the possibility to create what they desire.
Our teachings focus on living the Way of the Horse by developing the authentic self, nurturing presence, expanding full-bodied consciousness and deepening one’s connection to one’s self and the rhythm of the earth and its creatures. As you demonstrate heart-based leadership and practice the Law of Attraction, your relationships will begin to shift to new levels of co-creation. Higher levels of potential are reached as your life expands.
Are you ready to take your next step of exploration?
Take Your Next Step Today!
Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 – 2021 EFLC Certification Program. Email Kathy directly to receive the complete packet of information for the course: Email By Clicking Here In the subject line put: EFLC Cert Program Information.
*Important- If you do not receive a reply to your email within 48 hours, check your spam box. If it is still not there call our office at (720) 263-7141. We will be happy to assist you.
Notice – Gmail and Outlook/Hotmail Users!
Frequently Asked Questions
What the dates for the next Academy for Coaching with Horses Certification Program?
The 2020-2021 EFLC Certification Program Includes the following dates:
- EFLC Level One: Attend only one of the Level One Training programs: July 25-30, 2020, or September 17-22, 2020, Berthoud, Colorado
- EFLC Level Two: Igniting Leadership and Vision with Horse: April 8-13, 2021, Berthoud, Colorado
- EFLC Level Three: Lead by Horse: Deepen and Broaden the Work: July 15-20, 2021, Berthoud, Colorado
Who can apply for the EFLC Program?
Individuals already in helping professions (coaches, consultants, therapists, healers, physical therapists, nurses, etc.) and individuals who work with horses (horse trainers and riding instructors) apply to this program. Individuals going through life transitions from all walks of life and who are seeking a new way to serve both horses and people also apply. The EFLC Certification Program is an in-depth program with the opportunity for high levels of growth both personally and professionally. We enjoy teaching those who are ready for this co-creative and expansive adventure with Horse.
Some individuals may choose to take the EFLC Level One Training separate of the Certification Program. These individuals often have completed work with other teachers and want to experience Kathy’s philosophies and methods first hand. We highly suggest that if you are serious about this work you enroll in the full Certification Program that starts a few months before the on-site Level One so that you can take advantage of all aspects of the program. Your Discovery Session with Kathy will help to clarify your best action step.
What if I don’t own a horse yet?
If you do not own a horse you must have one or more horses that you can work with (through leasing or ownership) before you enter into the yearlong Certification Program. It is also essential that you have ground skills with horses. ACWH offers a Mindful Horsemanship program; however, if you do not have horse skills, you must obtain these skills. Immediately after the EFLC Level One training, you will be required to facilitate sessions as part of the requirements to complete the yearlong program.
What if my horse skills are weak?
Each year we offer an optional Natural Horsemanship for EFLC training program in which you may choose to enroll. In addition to this program, we may also strongly suggest that some certification students obtain additional horsemanship skills as needed. During the program, there are also other opportunities for improving horsemanship skills.
What if my coaching skills are weak?
During the program, you will learn several models of coaching that will change how you view coaching and facilitating others to their potential. Kathy brings 20 years of professional coaching to this training, along with her Mind Body MethodTM Coach Training. Throughout the entire year, you will learn key questions that make a dramatic difference in your client’s experience. Between the on-site training sessions, you will listen to Kathy coach others along with receiving her powerful coaching yourself.
Why do I need training?
This fast-emerging field is unique and complex. Programs that honor the Horse as Teacher naturally have many fluctuating energy dynamics and unique considerations for both horse and human. To provide an experience that honors both beings (human and horse), there are many facilitation components that one learns and that cannot be obtained in any other type of training. We genuinely feel an in-depth training program is needed to maintain the integrity of the work by understanding and to honor the horse as a mystical and sentient being. We strongly recommend you obtain extensive training before ever attempting to work with clients using horses.
What else might I need to know when considering this program?
The program is transformational. It will provide you the tools to work with others, and at the same time, you can anticipate changes in your life as you grow more fully into your heart-based potency and authentic expression. Be ready to be on an adventure of learning and self-discovery. Each certification student is held to their most significant potential, creating a space of possibility and encouraging them to step into their unique greatness as they partner with a horse. This program creates openings of all kinds. Anticipate more of “you” emerging in your life as you learn the way and wisdom of the horse!
When do I apply?
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019 – 2020 EFLC Certification Program. Please email Kathy directly to receive the complete packet of information for the course: Email Kathy at ACWH. In the subject line put: EFCL Cert Program Information. *Important- if you do not receive a reply to your email within 48 hours, check your spam box. If it is still not there call our office at (720) 263-7141. We will be happy to assist you.
All programs are held north of Boulder, Colorado just one hour from the Denver International Airport.
The ranch is located in the countryside west of Berthoud, Colorado.
|“Throughout the year-long apprenticeship program, I slowly emerged from my cocoon into the beautiful butterfly that was encased within. I always knew she was in there but was so buried under social conditioning that I thought it was completely normal to stay within. The field of life for me now is expansive and full of nectar. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn the tools and skills taught in the program. I am excited and honored to share the teachings of the horse with the world.”
|“The yearlong EFLC Certification Program was life-changing for me. I learned about myself and enhanced my awareness, emotional intelligence, and leadership skills. I learned new tools that I have integrated into my life and now offer to my clients, helping them to become more aware and congruent in their daily lives. What I learned changed my relationship with my horses, taking us to deeper levels of trust and mutual respect than I could have imagined. The program is structured in such a way as to deepen the students learning as the year progresses and gives many opportunities to practice, ask questions and learn new skills along the way while being supported by Kathy and her assistant. Knowing where I was at the beginning, I would never have imagined that I’d feel so confident and ready to offer the teachings to others in a year. I love how the program included all several styles of learning – hands-on, reading, lectures, webinars, and ongoing coaching and educational calls. And I made friends that are now my herd-mates for life! I highly recommend this program!”
Jackie Hibbard, Lyons, Colorado
|“The apprentice program with Kathy was profound for me on many levels. While it promised to be one filled with the learning and practicing of Equine Facilitated Learning and Coaching, it reached me at a much deeper, personal level. The work, the tools, the horses, and Kathy collectively contributed towards a new way of thinking and being for me along with a strong foundation from which to base my new business. I’m excited to be contributing towards positive change in others supported by the partnership with horses.”
Janis Cooper, Waitsfield, Vermont
“Coaching With Horses program introduced me to an entirely new way of relating in the world. Kathy, with her wise and wonderful herd, taught me how to access my intuitive abilities, listen to my authentic voice, and step into my own creative power. I have come to appreciate her as a passionate and intuitive teacher, writer, and guide in learning the ways of the horse. On this amazing journey of discovery and transformation, I have found my life’s path.”
Diana Woods, Colorado
|“It’s been an amazing healing year with Kathy and her herd. Corazon blessed my heart with pictures and feelings of True Freedom showing me where I am at times imprisoning myself. Master Moon gifted depth of heart space knowledge and gave me confidence in my own knowing. Oreo blessed me with the gift of play–something I am putting back into my daily life. Sylvie–the gift of being a big yet gentle space, helping me release the false voice that tells me to be “quiet” and not make waves and Diva the gift of wondrous, nurturing support, something I have often ached for. Kathy gifted me with her spacious world of “what’s possible”, her big heart connection with the wisdom of horse, her wonderful human herd (staff) and a new herd of dear friends my fellow students! I am thrilled and blessed to be a graduate. Thank you from the depth of my heart and soul!”
Cynthia Raman, Texas
|“The EFLC Instructor program has been a powerful year of learning and accomplishment for me. Your program was the perfect mix of hands-on learning to integrate my horse background with my coaching practice. Your way of supporting each of us in the program as we were on our unique learning trajectories and varying backgrounds was masterful. I feel deeply impacted and grateful for the wisdom your horses shared with each of us – learning to feel our emotions, sense into the wisdom of our own bodies, learning to become more horse-like and trust our gut. The EFLC work is already infusing creativity and groundedness into my coaching practice at all levels. John (my husband and business partner) and I led a leadership program with horses and the results were profound and still rippling through our clients. Thank you for the impact you are having in the world. With deep gratitude and respect”
Virginia Rhodes, Washington
|“The EFLC Level III was helpful in helping me take a step forward in learning how to work with horses and humans in a safe and compassionate way. During the active sessions, I very clearly learned that it is time to engage my own hindquarters and get active in my life again – which is my most natural way of being. I am very thankful for the active exercises with the horses that reminded me to MOVE IT! Returning to an intentionally active lifestyle provides me with a feeling of good health and vitality.”
Janice Charbeneau, Hartfield, VA
“I will never forget 2011. Far away from home, I found a new herd. First I thought they talked in another language, but soon I discovered we were talking the universal language of connection, empowerment, intuition, trust. I will never forget “little bit”, Moon, Corazón and all the horse I’ve met in this journey.”
Marta Cirera Baqués, Spain
|“Taking the apprenticeship with Kathy Pike is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Late in my 50’s, I am creating a new life for myself, and training with Kathy opened my heart and mind to possibilities I could not have imagined. My consciousness as a human has been raised by the teachings of horses. As a trainer and teacher, Kathy is deeply committed to the personal growth and sense of the success of each student. It is the brilliant style of coaching that Kathy has developed, along with her wise and compassionate presence as a coach, that makes this training in equine learning so valuable.”
Mary Barrett, Massachusetts
|“Kathy has provided a beautiful setting and container for me to grow. I have found a sense of community and support that I am not sure I have ever felt before. Best of all, I feel continuous, personally supported even between on-site training. Kathy, or one of her trusted teachers, is always there when I need to realign my direction. I encourage anyone who can hear their soul calling to them through the voice of the horse to take this program. Kathy can help you translate it and lead yourself back to your heart.”
Angie Deaver, Kansas
|“The horses in the Apprenticeship program helped me to open up to my body wisdom and intuition. The horse also revealed my authentic and creative self. I once again take pleasure in painting and photography of people and horses. With Kathy and Reggie’s professional support, I developed coaching skills and practiced tools and methods that compliment my existing NLP coaching work. Each level was a profound and exciting learning experience. The excellent structure of the course and practical approach has been crucial as I directly put into practice the tools and methods at home with my horses. To take this course, was one of the best decisions in my life, and Kathy’s approach is perfect for helping me push further the walls of my comfort zone. It’s an awesome experience, and I met exceptional teachers, great participants, and magnificent horses. A magical journey.”
Cornelia Roulet, Switzerland